Unfurled




Who can know what happens?
Within the frail strength of the cocoons encampment.

But that a crawling-on-it's  belly caterpillar;
Emerges beautiful and ready for flight.

So it is with me.

You've hemmed me in.
Before.
Behind.

And in this time of blindness
Will I learn by Your voice only:

To live by the moments-
Not by the clock.

It is dark here. 'Neath the shadow of Your Wings.

But no safer place exists.

I cannot live without You.
Much less, love.

The ashes of all my burnt-tryings... Have shown me that full well.

Less wild lovers.
And a thorn in my side...
Twisting.
Turning.

All just further proof:

You love me too much to leave me here.

And if I let You?
If I surrender my white- knuckle grip on the things my wander-lust heart so carelessly pursues...

You will not let me crawl on my belly any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment